Our department was the English division of the foreign language department from the year 2001 to 2010. It was established after permission granted by the Ministry of Education in 2001, and soon became the Department of Applied English in the year 2010, recruiting over 60 students annually.
Our vision is to ensure all of our graduates have the practical skills needed to compete in Business, Tourism and Teaching. Our graduates have a high standard in the four key areas in their English ability, writing, reading, speaking and listening.
We provide our students with global opportunities through cultural exchange programs and internships. Classes are taught in an all English environment, we expose and educate all of our students in cultural etiquette as well as making them culturally aware.
1. All our teachers act as role models for our students to aspire to.
2. Improve students’ listening, speaking, reading, writing and translation skills.
3. An outreach program for our community helps our students to develop socially and are able to contribute to the local community.
4. Our curriculum suits the needs of different learner groups.
5. Interactive student-teacher relationships are encouraged through innovative instructional ideas.
6. Teachers are active participants in workshops, seminars, and conferences. Keeping educational instruction to a high standard.
7. Through co-ordination with other departments helps students attend additional English classes.